Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Started the TEFL course

I began my TEFL course today and here is how it looked...

Day One 10/5/09
11:44 in - read introduction
11:49 introduction completed
11:50 begin Unit 1
12:08 finished reading material unit 1
12:08 break
12:45 begin Unit 1 worksheet
13:01 break
13:34 back to Unit 1 worksheet
13:51 break
13:54 back to Unit 1 worksheet
14:13 break
14:37 back to Unit 1 worksheet
15:00 Unit one completed


I decided to log my time to see if I end up with the 100 hours they say it will take. I haven't added up the time but it looks like it took somewhere between 1.5 - 2 hours of actual work. The reading goes quickly but its the questions that take some time. You're not obliged to turn in your answers per unit but I'm trying to be thoughtful and really put effort into each question. Before I go to sleep, I'll probably read through the section a couple of times, just to help retain the information even more.

There is a total of 20 units, so if I dedicate myself to it, I should be done somewhere around the 25th of October. Application deadlines for employment within the school system in East Asia is usually around mid December. That offers me plenty of time to get certification and look for work.

Hopefully, I'll be somewhere over there by Mid-March.

This also means that there will be somewhat of a pause in TWJ episodes. I'd rather focus on this instead of my series. But its ok, it shouldn't be too long of a pause. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment