Sunday, October 18, 2009

$4 for coke?

One of my friends, his name is Kurt; is over in Norway. He's traveling throughout Scandinavia and elsewhere in Europe. The otherday he posted a status update on facebook; "Just paid $30 for a burger". When questioned on the quality of the burger, he said it was good but not as good as "The Tavern". Which is in reference to Helvatia Tavern (which makes a tasty burger), just outside of Portland, OR.

He then later told me a bottle of Coke was $4. I thought Japan was expensive... It can be, if you're not paying attention. A bottle (16-20oz) there is around ¥120≈$1.30 (weak dollar). Which isn't too expensive.

It made me think...

This is probably why Norway is known for really nice Social Programs... Hahahahah. Personally, I'd rather pay $5 for a nice burger than have some nice medical care. Thats just me. Hamburgers are way more awesome than medical care...

Boy, I better figure out what I'm gonna do now that I think of it. I don't have medical insurance. I'll have to go ask about it at work, snowboard season is coming up.

----

Check out Kurt's work; he likes to make music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment