Saturday, September 26, 2009

TWJ to a whole new level...

For about the past three years, I have been batting back and fourth the idea of teaching overseas, most namely in Japan. What is required to teach over there generally is a bachelors degree.

I've had a few interviews, I've cancelled an interview; basically played Double Dutch with the idea. Right now, I'm twenty-four. I have a feeling that when I start to 'settle down' and am say, mabye fourty; I'll look back on my time in my 20's and say "what would it have been like to live/teach overseas?"

I really don't want to regret a decision I didn't make. This means that right now I'm aiming for a TEFL certification.

Or

Teach English as Foreign Language.

It'll take me 100 hours to get my certificate but it'll be worth it. When I'm done, I'll be aiming for not only Japan but S. Korea and Taiwan as well.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment